Friday, January 16, 2009

Is it Spring Yet?



You know when it's cold outside when...

...your nose freezes when you walk outside.
...tears freeze on your cheeks.
...there is frost on the horses.

16 degrees F. at 1 pm. Supposively the warmest part of the day. Sigh. I don't even want to look at the calendar to see how many more days until spring. I'm sure the ground hog is going to see his shadow. That's the only news I won't be surprised by. Sigh.

The horses like running around and soaking up the weak sunlight. At least the exercise is good for Elias' leg. I need to check the AQHA site to see if Roger won. Wouldn't that be great!

So, off to work. At least interviews the last two nights have revealed some great results. Can't say anything right now, but it is promising :)

Trying to keep the stock tank water liquid. Buckets in the stalls are big popsicles. Sigh. I hate cold and winter.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings Lynn:

    That's an ingenious use for a coffee grinder. Oh, and each gallon of water you haul weighs 8 lbs. Having horses is much better than going to a gym. Besides horses smell much better than sweaty humans!

    Regards!
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I'm not really anonymous...I just didn't know what other profile to select.

    Regards!
    Jeanne

    ReplyDelete