Friday, March 13, 2009

Where, oh, where, is spring???

Ohy, vey. Where did the warm weather go? I am so waiting for spring to be here and stop teasing us. I LOVE it when the snow is melting and the sun is shining and the eaves are dripping. Now, tonight, it's 23 degrees and I have started the wood stove upstairs - AGAIN! Argh!!!

The boys are loving it. They are running around in the sun, enjoying the warmth. There is nothing in all the world that smells quite as nice as a sun-warmed horse neck. Bliss. If I could bottle that smell, I might just be the richest woman in the world.

So, for those of you out there that are horse lovers and have a little time, I have a project and a challenge for you. Find a local horse person. Volunteer to clean stalls. Brush the horse. Make a friend with the owner and the horse. Not only will the owner and the horse love it, but it will make you feel GREAT! Volunteer at a shelter if you aren't able to work with a horse. Take a dog for a walk. Brush a cat. Share your love with another animal.

No, I'm not asking you to feed it. Or adopt it. (Unless you have the finances and experience to do so!) Just share some human warmth and companionship with an animal who will return your love unconditionally and thousands time over.


:) Looking forward to tomorrow's sun and warmth and going to see if I can add to MY fur coat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment