Monday, April 6, 2009

Rainy Days and Mondays...

Ah. The sweet smell of rain. My FOOT >:(

It is the first week of my truly, entirely revised schedule. I have the barn cleaned out. I have a new saddle to try out - found it on craigslist for $100! And just when the horses are ready and so am I - it's raining. ALL WEEK. Just saw the weather forecast. The only day it's supposed to be nice is Thursday.

SO, the boys are in, so are the girls. AND we have a new Constable in town! Which means I don't have to feel guilty about not taking the job. She's a sweetie! I went out with her today on her first call.

I'm grumpy and wet and wishing that April showers were over. Flooding in the area I ride in will continue for the better part of the month. So...

I guess I will just have to clean tack, keep grooming my guys and waiting for the calendar and the weather to cooperate with my riding schedule. Oh, well. Could be much worse. I have two good riding horses this year. I have 4 saddles. I can wait for good weather. As long as it hurries up and gets here.

(Have any of you guessed yet that patience is not always my strong suit?)

SO... if you have some spare time while you are waiting to go riding or planting flowers in the garden, time to head to the library for a good book, visit your local rescue or shelter and clean cages or socalize an animal, or help out in any way you can.

I'm going down to fill the wood stove and then up to sit by the chimney and read a good book snuggled on the couch. I got a few last week that I haven't started yet.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment