Monday, June 1, 2009

oh, where, oh, where does all the time go???

Time is such a fleeting commodity. I have my day all planned out, then someone throws in a money wrench and I'm set back hours, if not days, in my quest to get the things done that I need to do.

I'm on the hopes that as soon as school gets out the sports schedules will slow down and some of the chores that I need to do are going to be delegated to my teenage daughters.

The washer died. The freezer kicked the bucket. The dryer is acting up. The mare was picked up this weekend :) and the baby chicks are making a huge mess every day. It's surprising how much work 8 tiny beings can create!

So, I did go for a ride this weekend. It didn't start off so well, but finished great. I'll write more later today if I can find the time before I fall asleep in front of the computer. Sigh. Just not enough energy.

I also started mowing my mother's 1 square acre lawn. My father used to do it, but since he has passed away, she needed someone else. It's 16, 682 steps (according to the pedometer) and I do it in two days, a couple of hours each time.

So, today is my day off - except for the usual chores and picking up the girls and meeting a friend of mine for a late lunch. Groan. All I want to do is go back to bed.

Oh, well. Onward and forward. Keeping one foot moving in front of the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment