Thursday, August 5, 2010

Equine Shuffle...

The boys seem to be adjusting to the huge loss. They were able to put their noses on him while he was in the other pasture, after he passed. It was kinda nice to see them in a semi-circle around him before we covered him with the tarp. They stood there a few minutes and then seemed to nod their heads and go about the business of being horses.

Sultan needed a little encouragement to go to his new stall and Abner and Smokey just fell right back into the old routine of their stalls.

The Precious cat graced me with another rat today. She is so very proud of herself. She was just loving and purring to me while she was showing me her prize. Yep. It went out in the compost/manure pile. Yuck.

The barn seems much smaller without the big, large presence of Tommy.

It's therapeutic, though, to have to go back out there and do chores and hang out with the other horses. Yes, life is loss, sometimes. Then you have to hug the friends you still have and move on. Not forgetting, just making room in your heart for their forever presence.

Glad that tomorrow is the last day of the week. I don't have to set the alarm tomorrow morning.

I hope no one calls early. As Gus (my very large black lab) comes and lays his very warm, heavy head on my feet. They know I still need therapy. It is so nice to know I am loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment