Tuesday, December 30, 2008

OMG! For the horses sake, Euthanasia is NOT a bad thing!

I received this on one of my horse lists. If you can help this horse, please email me. I will be more than glad to forward the information to you. Find below my response, also....

-------------- Original message --------------
From: xxxxxx@xxxxxxx.xxx
I received a call from a woman in Utica NY today asking if I could take her free horse. I am not able to at this point because my new mare is currently being "board" at a stable. From what I understand, she is a 30 year old arabian, no bad habits or vices. I told her I would post it and suggested she advertise it for "free lease" and to screen her potential adopters, ask for a vet reference and do a drive by. Any interest?? Her number is x-xxx-xxx-xxxx. Thanks

--My response----
I'm sorry, I know I'm not going to be popular or liked with this post. But when is it time to gently euthanize a wonderful creature and let them lay down in a place that they know without any pain. With so many horses out there that are young, adoptable and healthy, how in the world does anyone expect someone to take their 30 year old. I'm sorry. When my guys are old and unable to continue on, I euthanize them. Not leave for someone else what I can't do myself. If you are taking up a collection to help this woman euthanize this horse to save it the confusion and bewilderment of having to be moved at 30, I will be the first one in line to donate.
Lynn

--Lynn Esty
www.RescueAHorse.Blogspot.com


People. Get the picture. Please. A 30 year old mare. Looking for a good home. With hay the cost as it is. With winter here in full force. And 30 YEARS old. Doesn't this horse deserve the respect of a quite, gentle end in a place she has known her for at least the last few months, years of her life? If you can't do it, hire a vet that will. Call upon a rescuer or Constable/Animal Control Officer. This just kills me. Doesn't this horse deserve at least that. Just where or who do you think is going to take this mare? I see kill-buyer and slaughter house in her future. And I won't even begin to claim that I am a psychic.

Do the right thing. Put the mare down. I'll even start the donations for the vet bill and the back-hoe. I'm so very done with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment