Friday, December 26, 2008

What is this world coming to?

I know it's winter. Boy, do I know. We have a winter weather advisory for tonight/tomorrow that is calling for snow, freezing rain and rain. Guess the horses will be in tomorrow. And just maybe I won't have to go in to work :)

But I'm so tired of hearing horses being dumped. Being left behind. Being neglected. Being abandoned. People make me sick.

I'm not going to go into details here - I'm going to provide the links so you can see for yourself. Here are a couple of examples:

WARNING: These stories are extremely graphic. In one, horses are saved. In another, the horse is dead.

www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28322392/

www.troyrecord.com/articles/2008/12/24/news/doc4951bd013c87d348543490.txt


I have a couple more that are on the back burners as there have been no charges filed yet. As soon as I can, I will post them, because the horses are likely to need a LOT of help.

I have pangs of conscience when my boys are outside and it is raining and I'm late getting home to let them in for the night. I can't even begin to imagine doing this for days and weeks and months.

I need to go to the barn. Snuggle with my horses and see them warm in their stalls with plenty to munch on. If I try hard enough, I might be able to block the images and words from my mind for a few moments.

God help us all. If we continue to do this to our animals, I can only imagine the punishment that will be handed out to us in the future.

Came across this in an email I received. I certainly hope it's true!

There is an Indian Legend.........
When a human dies there is a bridge he must cross to enter into heaven.
At the head of that bridge waits every animal he encountered during his lifetime.
The animals decide which humans may cross the bridge...and which are turned away

No comments:

Post a Comment