Saturday, April 4, 2009

'Tis the Season...

My, oh, my. Hair is flying off in clumps, mud puddles are being utilized on an hourly basis (my flea bitten gray is mostly brown!) and the birds are singing.

It's spring. Mud up to my ankles. Nothing like adding weight to my feet and tromping around the pasture. Good for the legs to build strength for riding. Cleaning out the barn of all the bailing twine, grain bags and stuff that just gets caught up in the corners when it's too cold and dark to clean out in the winter.

I'm going to start a fire out back today in the fire place and burn, burn, burn... :) Yep, there's a bit of a pyro in me, but it's totally safe. I only burn when and where I can make sure that nothing other than the fire I'm building will catch. Guess that's why I love having two wood stoves in my house. I can burn things all winter long.

So, off to clean the barn, unearth treasures and shovel out the stalls from the horses being in all day yesterday from the rain! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment