Thursday, February 19, 2009

AAAHAHHHHH! Warm weather, Green Grass....

I'm in my t-shirt, on my trusty steed, Buddy, walking through grass high enough that if I were on foot, I would be lost in it. The wind is blowing gently, just enough of a breeze to make it cool and comfortable. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, the water is flowing in the river next to the field. I smile as I turn my face up to enjoy the warmth of the sun. The gentle beat of Buddy's gait is soothing.

Beep, beep, beep, beep. Beep, beep, beep, beep. Beep, beep, beep, beep. Damn alarm. It always happens this way. Yawn. Stretch. Yawn, again. Sigh. Just looked out the window. It's still snowing. Ohy, vey. Makes me want to pull the covers up over my head and ignore the world until spring has sprung and all the snow is melted.

The snow is continuing, off and on, most of the day. My truck broke down. Walked the 1/3 mile home in 25 degree weather to get the truck that my daughter usually drives. Called the tow truck. Went to the gas station. Oops. My debit card and my checkbook are in the truck at the garage. Argh. Back to the garage. Back to the corner store to get gas, oil and antifreeze. Damn daughter. Head off to work. I would have been about 1/2 hour early, instead I was 5 minutes late.

Still spitting snow when I went home tonight. Made supper. Had a bit of an attitude. Out doing barn chores at 8 pm at 21.9 degrees. My hat and scarf are in the other truck.

Guess this is one of those days where nothing is easy and nothing goes according to plans. I truly wish I were back south and my horses were with me, and riding through the warm grass wasn't a dream, but a reality.

Going to go dream of warm weather and endless rides. If I don't answer my phone, guess you will know where I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment