Saturday, February 21, 2009

My Little Helper

One of my nephews called the other day. "Aunt Lynn, I want to earn some money. Do you have any jobs I can do?" He's 9, and quite the little worker. So, of course, I said yes. Not only do I have some help in getting some chores done around the barn, but I also get to spend time with him and visit with him.

I picked him up around 9:30. We got home and started in. We brought hay out to the field, spread it around, let the horses out. Then we cleaned up the back room. The tags from the grain bags are going to be turned in to New England Equine Rescues. We pulled all the tags off the grain bags that had been piling up all winter. We cleaned the stalls. We brought in hay for tonight. We made sure the roosters had food and water. We used a couple of old wire coat hangers to firm up the muffler and pipe on the old Ford truck.

We got in the house around 11:15, and he had earned enough money for the game he wanted to buy. We had hot chocolate and dried his outside gear by the wood stove until his Mom came to pick him up and take him to his sliding party. I had a great time and got to spend some time catching up on his life and the things happening with him.

It's a beautiful, sunny day. The temperature is only 33.1 but the eaves are dripping.

My new boss is at work, so NO MORE SATURDAY'S!!! Yeah!

My youngest daughter, Emma, has a basketball game tonight. Barn chores are mostly done, so tonight will be a quick run through the barn. Oops - forgot to go to the grain store. Guess I will have to do that in the morning. Good thing there are carrots in the fridge and a small amount of grain left for tonight.

Every day is one closer to spring.... keep thinking warm...........

No comments:

Post a Comment