Tuesday, February 3, 2009

When it rains, it POURS!

Well, that says it all. Oh, you want details? Sigh. Picky, picky. Ok, here goes....

I've done IT!!! I got my weeks vacation down south! I leave Saturday morning, come hell or high water - or snow, sleet and freezing rain :) I have a 4 wheel drive truck and studded snow tires, and, if need be, I can go further than South Carolina to get out of the snow.

My new boss starts work on the week of the 23rd. Yahoo! So, after a few days of training, I will be back to my regular schedule of 6 - 10 hours a week. Not the almost 30 I've been putting in.

So, off to the garage to get an oil change and check in at my other job so everyone knows I won't be around. After sitting, yawn, for almost 2 hours, they get my oil changed, my air filter changed and my tires rotated. Got home in time to hear the most god-awful noise meet me at the front door.

My daughter was feeding treats to the dogs and the lab and the pug went after each other. She has the lab by the collor and the pug had a hold of the lab, and the lab had hold of the pug. I jumped in, as I have done infrequently in the past, and the little sh*t of a pug looked right at me and bit my finger. So, after separating the dogs, calming down my hysterical daughter, and taking some very long, deep breaths, I headed off to the emergency room. Where I sat for another 2 1/2 hours - they were very busy. Hmmm. I laughed at the doc - who decided against stitching it up as he is sure it will heal more completely left open (kinda looks like hamburg coming out of the slice on my finger) all bandaged up and with a prescription for penacillin, telling me to take it easy and keep it elevated, clean and use it as little as possible. Yeah. Right. Just like the vet telling you to keep the bouncing off the wall dog quiet for 10 days while they heal from surgery. I assured him I would do the best I could do. With my fingers crossed. He only rolled his eyes when I told him I had 6 horses at my house.

So, needless to say, I didn't make it to the grain store, the vets to make a payment on my bill, to the bank, to my friends to make the second to last payment on my truck, and to pick my youngest up at basketball practice.

So, at least it's my pinkie that's all chewed up. But on my right hand. Yes, more than once tonight I have banged it, bumped it and almost smashed it in the stall door. Yikes! Good thing I only have 3 days left and then I'll be in my truck, headed SOUTH with NO children, NO husband, NO dogs, NO horses, NO job...

So, I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to do all the things I normally do with my right hand with my left hand. You try it. Bind up your dominant hand for the day and see how even the simple little things like going to the bathroom are most difficult.

So, I'm doing laundry and starting to pack. Going light as it's just me. Can't wait!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment