Thursday, April 30, 2009

Hay, Hay, Hay

Ohy, vey. Hay is a scarce commodity these days. Yes, the mare is still here. The pony is still here. Jxx was here this morning to put shoes on Elias and front shoes on Buddy. His stifles are way too stiff to put shoes on his back feet, but at least we got them on the front.

I groomed everyone and sprayed with fly spray before I put them out to pasture. Then to get hay! I got 96 bales in the stock trailer. I didn't load it right - usually we get over 100.

SO, tomorrow morning we are off to do a rescue. I'm told it's quite bad, and I don't doubt the experience of the friend I am going with, just hope that she's wrong. Know she isn't, but am hoping, anyways...

So, after we get him home, I will post pictures and keep you updated on his progress. He's a gelding, a little over 15 hands and quite underweight.

Tonight a wake, unload the trailer, funeral tomorrow, then the gelding - argh. People suck. We need duct tape - to keep our mouth's shut long enough to get him out of there. I will try to collect enough evidence to hand a case over to the local law enforcement, but at least he will have a chance at surviving.

No comments:

Post a Comment