Saturday, May 2, 2009

Two down, Five to go....

Ok. I just got home. I left this morning at 8 am to drive one of the horses to a location where they could rehabilitate the possibly pregnant mare. Groan. Don't even get me started.

They have another rescue that needs tlc, so the two of the mares can be in together.

The gelding went north to a quarantine location.

I'm in the process of verifying the town the remaining 5 horses are in so we can get them the help they need and deserve.

IF you have the facilities to quarantine AND the know how and finances to bring back a neglected horse, please email me and let me know. They are located in mid-Vermont. I can't guarantee anyone anything, just want to make available to the officers names of people that may be able to help. (HINT: If you can't feed your own animals and the Vet won't give you a good reference, please don't email. Take care of YOUR OWN horses FIRST!)

There are 2 geldings, 2 mares, and a stud. We took the two worst ones. But the others aren't far behind.

I'm holding off on the photo's for 2 reasons. One - I'm too tired to drive back to work with my camera that my daughter borrowed today. Two - if they need the pictures, I want to be sure they have them first.

Ok - off to bed. Too many early mornings, too many miles in the last two days... I'll keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment